Post Procedure Care
The results of microblading and any cosmetic tattooing procedures are directly affected by your lifestyle, medications, smoking, sun exposure, metabolism, facial surgery, injectables, other procedures/treatments and age of skin. For lasting results and optimal retention of pigment please follow the suggestions below.
- Apply ice packs if necessary.
- Wash gently twice a day with a neutral fragrance free soap.
- Pat completely dry and apply a thin coat of balm.
- Do not use peroxide, vitamin E, neosporin or A&D ointment on treated area.
- Do not pick, scrub, scratch or peel the area treated as it may itch, flake or scab during the healing process.
- Avoid exposure to sun, tanning bed, chlorine spas & pools, harsh soaps, makeup remover, makeup, chemicals, tooth whitening paste, retinol, Retin A, moisturizer, exfoliants, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy and any anti-aging products at all times on pigmented areas. (Not just while healing)
- Avoid excessive humidity such as facials, hot tubs, swimming, saunas and steam rooms.
- Avoid sweating and vigorous exercise for at least 10 days or until healing is complete.
- Pigments will fade gradually over time according to ones lifestyle, skin type, medication and metabolism. Be sure to schedule your appointments for touch ups periodically to keep the color looking fresh and to ensure long lasting results.
- Do not tint, wax or use any method of hair removal for at least two weeks.
- If you notice ANY signs of infection such as persistent increased redness or swelling, fever, drainage or oozing, contact your doctor immediately.